Nutritional therapeutics are a critical adjunct to your TBD treatment program. Your system uses critical nutrients from your food, as well as additional prescribed supplements, to heal and repair damaged tissue. This damage has occurred because of persistent microbial inflammation caused by the action of pathogenic microorganisms.
In addition, proper nutrition and supplements strengthen your immune system, improve your metabolism and energy systems, stimulate stem cells for organ repair, and contribute to other critical organ functions. In short, optimal diet and nutrition, when combined with intelligently prescribed supplements, can aid the body in the process of healing.
Important nutritional issues to be considered:
- Drug-nutrient interactions.
- Reliable resources for pharmaceutical-grade supplements when recommended.
- Protection of the intestinal tract when taking prescribed antibiotics.
- Biofilm elimination.
- Heavy metal removal.
- Weight loss or weight gain.
- Elimination or avoidance of yeast overgrowth (candida).
- Food allergies contributing to symptoms.
- Paleolithic diet, anti-inflammatory diet ( gluten, sugar alcohol free)
- Specific nutrients to strengthen the immune system.
- Combat fatigue and improve energy.
Patients who practice healthy eating and lifestyle habits and supplement their diet with vitamins and minerals, are much better able to cope with their illness, experience fewer relapses and improve their quality of life.